Lead in Compost

  • Subject: [cg] Lead in Compost
  • From: "lisa vandyke" <vandykelisa@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 13:18:52 -0600

Hi there,
I would be happy to help, as I am also in Mpls, and I am over at the U. I can talk to John Erwin, the prof who looks at all of the tests. First I need to know if you can find out the content of tthe compost, the container material, the age of the gardens and the former use of the land. I am guessing that you are looking at the gardens in Phillips, which has notorious lead problems. It is also a possibility that the samples got switched. Not sure if you know this, but some 'well meaning' folks severly damaged the soil lab at the U. in an arson attack...
Let me know,

______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden