RE: Written Commitment Agreement

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Written Commitment Agreement
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:26:51 -0500

Bethany,

As someone who has been involved in tutoring kids in reading for over 30
years ( I started as a teenager;) ) I have the greatest respect for Big
Brothers/Big Sisters. It's a great volunteer program with a great track
record. Good Luck!

1) Please go to the website of the ACGA http://www.communitygarden.org and
click on "Links"
Listed below is  a section on community gardening with children that is
quite informative, put together by folks who have "walked the walk."
http://www.communitygarden.org/links/index.html.

2) This section on "Starting a Community Garden" from the site's
Publication's section is also very nuts-and-bolts; it is hard to go wrong if
you earnestly follow these steps.
http://www.communitygarden.org/pubs/starting.html

Also of great use on the links page are the individual links to community
gardens in the US, Canada & Europe. Many have sections on garden governance,
gardening with kids and helpful hints.
In their number is the garden where I volunteer, the Clinton Community
Gardnen in NYC. The rules and regulations button may be of service. Please
feel free to copy any of the rules that suit your group.

http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org

Please let the listserve know how you are progressing. As you become more
established, please consider joining the American Community Gardening
Association, the umbrella organization of community gardening in the USA &
Canada. http://www.communitygarden.org/about/membership.html