EDUCATION PROGRAM COORDINATOR, COMMUNITY HARVEST
Community Harvest, a non-profit organization working to help create a healthy, local food system that works for small farmers and low-income communities in the Washington, DC area, is seeking an experienced gardener/youth educator for the full time position of Education Program Coordinator at our urban mini-farm -- "Urban Oasis".
The Education Program Coordinator will create a new "Living, Learning Laboratory" project to provide elementary-high school students with hands-on gardening experience, while increasing their interest and understanding of food access, nutrition, health, the environment and related issues.
· Develop a project workplan, in conjunction with ongoing farm and market
activities at Urban Oasis
· Produce leaflets, brochures and other materials to publicize the project
· Conduct outreach to elementary, middle school and high school teachers,
after-school, 4H and other youth program leaders in low/moderate income DC
· Design and write curricula for different age groups to be used at Urban
Oasis and in classrooms
· Write portions of grant applications and reports
· Experience in organic gardening or farming
· Experience in teaching youth, especially about relevant topics such as
agriculture, the environment, health and/or nutrition
· Self-motivated, but able to work well as part of a team
· Strong writing and computer skills
Salary is mid $20's, plus benefits
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
2437 15th St. NW
Washington, DC 20009
Application deadline is March 15, or until position is filled. Job starts in April.