SAVE NCCC

  • Subject: [cg] SAVE NCCC
  • From: "Bill Maynard" bMaynard@WoodRodgers.com
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:04:42 -0800

All

AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps. NCCC has helped community
gardens throughout the US. I know that in the Sacramento area they have
been a tremendous help with school and community gardens, building
raised beds, spreading 100s of yards of wood chips, and helping weed and
plant fruit trees etc... all this with a great can do attitude!  Please
read the email below and go to the website site to help save the program
from being ended

Thank you

Bill Maynard
Sacramento

www.savenccc.org

****

Hello friends,

I am writing to inform you of some very disturbing news. Today, the
President announced his budget. In this budget, he proposed cutting the
AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps.

I was a Corps Member and Team Leader in the NCCC and it has a deep place
in my heart. I owe a great deal of who I am today to my NCCC
experiences. The thought that it will not be around is deeply disturbing
to me and I plan to fight to save it.

As a former or current NCCC project sponsor, you understand the valuable
service NCCC teams provide to communities in need.
I encourage you to join me in this fight. Please forward this message to
other NCCC alumni and friends.

Please visit www.savenccc.org for information on how you can get
involved. Please reply to this email if you would like to be added to
our mailing list, otherwise you will receive no further messages.

I thank you for your consideration and together we can SAVE the NCCC!

Yours in service,
Thomas Howard, Jr.
Class IV CM, Charleston
Class IX TL, DC