RE: (no subject)

Check out the American Community Gardening Association and the Trust for
Public Land websites for information on community gardening programs in your
area for advice. Come up with a basic plan for the area that you are
thinking of ( plantings, tools, watersources, gardeners) and present it to
you school adviser for editing and ideas. Try to be realistic. People have
to show up and really garden. If it's just one or two folks, then it will
not work for long.

When you, your gardeners and advisors are in agreement, present it to the
gov't agency that runs Ulmer Park for approval. If you, your Mom or school
know any local politicians or clergy that you thnk would support the idea,
talk to them. Also talk to your school about how to organize yourselves in
such a way( maybe under the aegis of the school or a non-profit
organization)  that you can get tax write-offs to merchants that donate
gardening materials to your garden.

This is a big project. Good luck!

Adam Honigman
Clinton Community Garden, NYC