Re: RFP details

HELLO????  Adam????  I've been reading your thoughts long enough to not
respond to this one - get real!  Surely you understand the need for
program evaluation that not only informs program decisions but responds
to the needs of those who support what we do - even if they don't
always  understand WHY we do things the WAY we do.

Having been a part of St. Louis' community gardens for over 7 years, I'm
THRILLED that we finally have an opportunity to set up a MIS system to
track our work over time. Lots of attempts, to be sure - but never the
time to build a database that works, train & support neighbors and
volunteers in developing tools and systems that capture our work and its
progress over time, and look at outcomes in an objective way.  As much
as I like antecdotal, qualitative stories about community gardening,
don't you think we need all the useful, informed, quantitative stuff as
well? Especially if we're part of designing it?........... C'MON!

Frankly, I can't believe that you - of all people - with your typically
helpful, supportive and generally smart advice to community gardeners
over this listserv - would dis this project like you have. How about
asking some questions first? Shame on you!