RE: Book Review: Life is A Miracle

Adam wrote:

> You've never read one of my books ( maybe because I've never written one.)

Pooh -- all you have to do is go back through the archives of your postings,
pick out the best vignettes, find a cheap little self-publishing firm and
viola!  We have a fundraising vehicle for ACGA!  I bet it would make more
money than moving Jim Morrison's grave from Paris to my community garden!

On 2nd thought, if ACGA makes that much money, it will be able to hire an
Executive Director, probably from a place only reachable by fax in someplace
like Alaska and then I won't be able to play Emergency Office Assistant at
the ACGA National Office anymore!

Bad idea -- I need those gift certificates to redeem terra cotta pots for
the Flower and Harvest Shows.

Stick with your day job, Adam! ;-D

>I've  heard of pre-publication censorship, but this is ridiculous! You
>bucking for commissar of community gardening under Dubya or something?

You know, I talked to Joel Berg at the Future of Our Food & Farms Summit
(where I attended the infamous Dennis Avery piece I posted a couple of weeks
ago) -- his job is a political appointment so now that Dubya is in, Berg is
out.  Fred could have a shot! ;-D

>Over the years, I've come to realize that their appreciation of nature and
>the "connectedness" of life is heightened by their analytic abilities, by
>their quest to know and the habit of questioning - not diminished.
>
>The miracle is still a miracle.

That's exactly what I was trying to say -- our brains may be wired
differently, but that doesn't mean we can't/don't use that wiring to
appreciate life.  Thanks so much, Adam -- I'll protect you from Fred any
day! ;-D

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of