RE: Book Review: Life is A Miracle

Fred wrote:

>i'm not feeling anywhere nearly that cerebral this morning,

Yeah!  Didn't I use big words?  Heck, I wrote the thing and I'm not sure
where all that vocabulary came from!  I'd say that those folks who claimed
to just transcribe what the Muse dictated to them might have been on to
something, but that wouldn't be very Vulcan-like of me! ;-)

>but enjoyed your
>review top to bottom.

Thank you so much.  So far, I've only been trashed by one person -- an
artist on the NE Food Security List who told me my prose was "arid."  And
I've never been closer to the Southwest than Oregon! ;-D

>i've not met mr berry, my organic farmers
>organization invited him to speak at our annual Sustainable Ag Conference
>and he declined.  later, in an act of unprovoked vengeance, i used his
>writing as my theme at the Southeastern Flower Show and we won the New York
>Hort Society Award and SFS Education Trophy, so now i feel a sense of
>indebtedness to him.

I'm being a hopeless little Vulcan and just entering specimen plants in the
Philadelphia Flower Show.  Really evil ones, too, like Rue and Solanum
atropurpurium. And a sweet potato from 1640 in the tuber division as a
vegetable joke in the midst of all those dalhias.  They're never going to
want me back!

>maybe we could start an on-line book club, and as long as we get some
>who-dunnits thrown in once in a while, i'm in.  i'd like to bash Aldo
>Leopold at the first meeting and Adam Honigman at the second.

I'm in, too -- we could use those herbal mysteries that PineTree Seeds has
in their book section and hit two plants with one stone.  Only no throwing
stones at Adam -- as I think I might have mentioned someplace once before --
*I* think he's funny! ;-D

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of