Can You Grow Corn in Small Spaces?

Comrades:

Our Hell's Kitchen garden is 150 x 100 feet ( the size of five old-law
tenements and their back yards). The front half of out space is our public
lawn, grape arbor, benches, flower and native plant beds, herbs and a
beehive.   The rear half has 108 4' x 6' raised bed plots where folks grow
veggies, flowers and anything legal.

My question:

Every year someone tries to grow some corn in one of the 4 x 6' plots and
gets pretty lousy results. The common consensus is that you need a large
area to grow corn for cross fertilizing purposes. Is there anyone out there
who has any ideas on how the folks out there can grow corn in our limited
space.

Thanking you in advance for your input,

Adam Honigman

Adam Honigman