getting started

Hello,
My name is Travis I am a student at Lane Community Collage in Eugene Oregon.
I am also an active member of OSPIRG(Oregon student public interest research
group). One of our campaigns that we are working on this term is hunger and
homelessness. We are setting up a community garden situation on some land
that we have gotten donated to us, where people like any community garden
situation may have a plot of land to use as long as they keep it producing
some sort of food crop. Our idea is to get people away from relying on food
boxes or other forms of government help for food, and instead take that
responsibility into their own hands. And also for anyone else who sees the
ridiculousness and the enormous amounts of resources used to keep the
current system going and longs for a simpler more efficient way.
So I guess my point in this e-mail is to introduce myself, and also to ask
for any advice anyone could give in which to help us get up and running. And
also any stories of how you may have created a functional community garden
situation yourself. We really feel confidant and good about this project,
and I feel so very fortunate to be able to help people on such (for me
anyway) a large scale. There is just so much ugliness out there its nice to
be part of something that just makes sense. I don't want to sound tacky but
it makes me so very happy to know that there are others out there like you
who understand what's really going on in our world an strive to make it
better by going back to simple living as one with the environment.
Thank you
Travis Buss