Graduate Studies of Community Gardens

  • Subject: [cg] Graduate Studies of Community Gardens
  • From: Jacqueline Venner jmvenner@iastate.edu
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:30:27 -0600 (CST)

I am a senior in college with a Horticulture major and a minor in Sociology.
I'm very interested in community gardens as I see them as an ideal intersection
of these two fields, as well as an ideal solution to many problems in urban
areas, and I am hoping to go to graduate school to get a degree in probably
Sociology.  Doing this would give me a broader understanding of what it is that
community gardens need to accomplish and how they can do so.

Does anyone know of a program or faculty person in Soc, or even in Hort, that
studies community gardens?  I welcome any feedback or thoughts on my proposed
plan of study as well, as I am still trying to etch out just what it is that I
want my plan to be.

Thanks so much,
Jacqueline Venner