RE: Graduate Studies of Community Gardens

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Graduate Studies of Community Gardens
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:19:02 -0500

You may want to talk to the Garden Mosaic folks. As many are still on
academic break you may want to contact them later in the month.

Here's the general address:

gardenmosaics@cornell.edu
Garden Mosaics
Fernow Hall 16
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853

Here's the website ( which seems to be, in large part, "coming soon", i.e.
in construction):

http://www.dnr.cornell.edu/gardenmosaics/

A good place for you to get more information on community garden research
and mongraphs published in the field is the ACGA website:

http://www.communitygarden.org

The ACGA's publications:

http://www.communitygarden.org/pubs/index.html

And the ACGA links page:
http://www.communitygarden.org/links/index.html

Specifically, Section III. Community Gardening and Greening Studies

http://www.communitygarden.org/links/index.html#Studies

Also, you need to visit the world famous Canadian Urban Farmer Website,

http://www.cityfarmer.org/.

However, if you want to be taken seriously as a "community garden scholar"
you need to get a "Union Card" to be taken seriously ( and for Karmic
Reasons that are too complex to get into now.) You also get free
publications produced by experts in the field.  You need to become, as soon
as possible, for $25 buck (a pizza, beer and a movie date in a College town
:=)). The ACGA membership page:
http://www.communitygarden.org/about/membership.html

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman