Re: Graduate Studies of Community Gardens

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Graduate Studies of Community Gardens
  • From: "Jill Reisz" jillreisz@hotmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 23:48:05 +0000

Jacqueline: I am a graduate student of Community & Regional Planning at the University of New Mexico. I am interested in community/urban gardens, and recently faced the same dilemma of how to work these interests into a program of graduate study. You might consider Community & Regional Planning, Urban Planning, etc. The University of New Mexico's Planning program offers a community development focus, as well as a natural resource focus, combinations of the two are strongly encouraged, and the program is within the School of Architecture, which offers the opportunity to work, and take classes in the Landscape Architecture program. Just some suggestions...I know there are alot of similar programs out there, sorry I don't have specifics.

Jill Reisz