Re: successful models or ideas

  • Subject: Re: [cg] successful models or ideas
  • From: Lekoma Akate lekoma216@cox.net
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:02:54 -0600

Jennifer,

We are planning a community garden in New Orleans and our plan includes a
full time caretaker to be there during the day.  This will allow the garden
to be open for anyone to visit during regular hours.  Also, this garden is
being developed by a garden club of low income elderly and disabled
individuals who live in a housing facility next to the site.  It will be
totally accessible for all people, regardless of ability.  The plans include
a meditation garden with fountain and a demonstration/education garden for
scouts, 4H, schools, or whoever wants to use it.  Like I said, this is in
the planning stages.  Hopefully I can give you a full report of the success
of this garden within the year.   If you want more info on our plans, I will
be happy to discuss them with you.

Peace,

Lekoma
216^888