(no subject)

  • Subject: [cg] (no subject)
  • From: JSBMH2@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:43:12 EST

Dianna,
Most of the small growers use Lydia's method of using light.  You end up with a ball of worms at the bottom of the pile of castings.  It is important to remember that the castings still have a lot of egg cases and you want to water and feed the castings for at least another month to get the hatchlings.
Plans for a can top screener can be found here-
Compost Equipment: Sifters  (check out Franks)
plans for a home made wheel barrow jet worm screener are here, perhaps on the second or third 'next page'-
Vermi Gardens
If you have a COW or the like, there is excellent information and a forum here-
Happy D Ranch
a great information site and a very active forum on vermiculture is here-
Worm Digest
Kelly Slocum, a vermiculture researchist, has written a basic vermiculture primer that I have on my hard drive. She has graciously allowed me to use it in lectures and share.  It is, however, 21 pages long and PDF.  I will gladly e-mail it to you or anyone else on this list if you write me off list.
All the Best,
John Herndon
Village Green Community Garden
Norman, Oklahoma