Re: Re: Compost bins

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Re: Compost bins
  • From: Tamsin Salehian tamsin@sparecreative.com
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:40:39 +1100

Title: Re: [cg] Re: Compost bins
Hi Steve,
You are so right about climate and soil types to drive compost techniques! The pit method is awesome and I think I’ll try it here (we maybe should have a winter and a summer method as the season’s humidity changes quite a lot), my dad lives in Sydney on sandy soil and he has composted for years using the trench method – digging a trench and filling it with a mixture of compost ingredients, moving along as he goes. When broken down this becomes his next vegetable bed.
Tamsin
Melbourne