Re: Hello from Fife Washington

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Hello from Fife Washington
  • From: Mary Bedard mbedard@teleport.com
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:55:41 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Hello to Fife!
Julie, you will no doubt get a whole lot of good information from this list, but I would like to add that somewhere along the line in your planning you might contact local restaurants for support.  I'm thinking particularly of Fife City Bar & Grill, one of my favorite places to eat when I visit my sister in Puyallup.  The chef/owner there may be interested in using fresh community garden veggies in her cuisine.  Or, she and other eating establishments may be willing to sponsor fundraising events of some sort.
Come down to Portland to visit our gardens anytime - the train ride is quite easy!  Best of luck!
Mary Bedard
Friends of Portland Community Gardens