Irish Gardens Educational Field Trip

  • Subject: [cg] Irish Gardens Educational Field Trip
  • From: kerry ninneman kninneman2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:14:17 -0800 (PST)

I teach a graduate class in literature in Ireland every summer.  I am also a member of the oldest garden club in Wisconsin, the Sum-Mer-Dels.  When I'm not teaching, I'm looking at beautiful gardens, so I decided to plan a tour of Irish gardens last year.  I had 20 participants from across the US join me in viewing Belvedere House and Garden with Ireland's largest folly, Strokestown Park House, Victorian Walled Garden and Famine Museum, Powerscourt House and Garden, Birr Castle and Grounds, and cities of Dublin, and Galway with a tour of a crystal factory.

I am again conducting a tour for 2004, June 30- July 8.  If anyone in your club is interested in more information, please contact me at kninneman2@yahoo.com Please include the desire to know more about this week's tour, as most of my emails are directed to me regarding my teaching, or the golf week in October, and I wouldn't want to send you the incorrect info regarding the garden tour.  Thank you so very much, Kerry Ninneman, Oconomowoc, WI

Slainte,

(to your health, in Irish)

Kerry (McNamee) Ninneman

Do you Yahoo!?