Re: Articles and resources about local food,and on the benefits of buy

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Articles and resources about local food,and on the benefits of buy
  • From: JSBMH2@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:16:07 EST

Hi Jerome,
I just got in from distribution day for the Oklahoma Food Cooperative.  I probably can't convey what a wonderful experience it was.  Orders are taken on line (or by phone & such), there is a weeks worth of frenetic activity and then there is distribution day.  I got to meet all the people who produced my food.  Listened to them explain their aquaculture system or how they had raised their food organically since their grandfather showed them how...
All the food is produced in Oklahoma, the products are such as soap, books, even CD's are made in Oklahoma by Oklahoman's.  It is a state wide co-op and it is growing by leaps and bounds.  There are two CG's I have talked to that are planning on offering a product.
Every one was smiling today as we sorted buffalo meat and venison, hydroponic herbs and tomatoes, lip balm and laundry soap.  You can read about our project at-
You can join in on our continuing dialogue at-
All the best,
John Herndon
Village Green Community Garden
Norman, Oklahoma