Cadmium and Recycled Tires (update request)

  • Subject: [cg] Cadmium and Recycled Tires (update request)
  • From: Allan Balliett igg@igg.com
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:41:13 -0500

Hi!

Can someone bring me up to date on the situation with the appropriateness of using recycled tires as planters in community gardens and in low income food projects?

I know at some time in the 90's it seemed pretty clear that tires presented a threat to health but it appears in my recent Google search that many gardens now allow them.

Can someone help?

Thanks -Allan