Re: [tb-cybergardens]: liz christy / green guerillas

  • Subject: [cg] Re: [tb-cybergardens]: liz christy / green guerillas
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:01:20 EST

Steve - tattelah.....

Ya mean you DON'T have a law suit yet? This is a major change in modus
operandi for you guys. Let's hope you're actually doing something constructive here.
All of us take a real interest in the Liz Christy garden because it's such a
seminal place for our movement.

In all honesty, I figured if  broke your chops enough, you'd come out of your
lair, rub your eyes,  and start to try to justify GG' s existence and what
you've been doing to actually keep LC a sustainable garden in the midst of the
change that makes Manhattan such an interesting and volitile place to live,
work and garden.

Wonderful!

I love seeing signs of sentient life from Green Guerillas - now could you
possibly manage to be helpful, not OBSTRUCTIVE in helping to work out a deal
between the the LIz Christy Gardeners, Avalon and the city, pretty please?

I have NEVER seen a developer actually COURT a community garden before.  This
is a novel and rare experience and the usual delaying tactics will only sour
any kind of concessions Avalon might give.

Avalon's letter is AMAZING - they really want to work with the gardeners in a
very gentlemanly fashion.  Could you help your charges at Liz Christy pull
out their thumbs and deal.

Everbest,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,