Re: The mysteries of buying a park bench?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] The mysteries of buying a park bench?
  • From: "Libby J. Goldstein" libby@igc.org
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:25:06 -0500

Doreen,

I'd contact the vendors whose benches I liked directly. I'd tell them that you are a church-based community at the very outset, and then ask about prices. Since you only want one bench, one or two of the vendors might decide to give you one (as a tax deduction). Even if no one is in a donating mode, one or two might give you a good price.

Once you've got prices, check them with the park people and see if they're reasonable, but I do think it makes sense to make the first contact on your own.

Cheers...do you believe this weather?

Libby