Bravo, Betsy - Plug for ACGA

  • Subject: [cg] Bravo, Betsy - Plug for ACGA
  • From: Don Boekelheide dboekelheide@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:28:29 -0800 (PST)

Since I'm (at long last/it's about &*%$! time) in the
final stages of getting out the next Community
Greening Review, I have promised Betsy Johnson that I
won't post another word until the mag is printed and

That said, I agree with Adam - a man with a big heart
and wisdom and  consciousness (and green thumb) to
match - that Betsy is an excellent choice to serve
ACGA as acting Executive Director. ACGA President
Gerard Lohrdal and the ACGA Board also deserve our
thanks for their long hard work seeking an ED - an
very rough assignment. As a community gardener and
ACGA member, Betsy leads from her roots, and brings
solid experience managing people and finances.

Congratulations, Betsy, and best of luck,

Don B. Charlotte NC

(see y'all in a couple weeks...before I go, join ACGA
now if you aren't yet a member, if for no other reason
than you'll guarantee yourself a copy of the next
Community Greening Review. It's a special 66 page
issue featuring the best of 25 years of community
garden writing from ACGA's magazines (the CGR, and
before it the Journal of Community Gardening). You'll
want one.)