Re: City sponsored community gardens

  • Subject: Re: [cg] City sponsored community gardens
  • From: "Lynn M. Gregor" gregor@ag.osu.edu
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:24:53 -0500

Hello,

In Cleveland, the Division of Neighborhood Services (in the Department of
Community Development) operates the Summer Sprout program.  It is funded by
Federal Block Grant dollars.  Non-profit partners administer the
program.  There is talk of moving it to Parks & Recreation because they are
more in the business of holding land/maintaining land while Community
Development is more in the business of building houses and the like.  But
for now it is within CD/neighborhood services.

Lynn Gregor

At 12:10 AM 01/14/2005 -0600, Teresa Kohut wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone knew of some great examples of community gardens
>that are operated by the city government- Parks & Recreation Board. I
>would like to suggest this idea to our city.
>thanks.
>Teresa Kohut

Lynn Gregor
Program Coordinator
Community Gardening
Ohio State University Extension, Cuyahoga Co.
216-397-6046
gregor@ag.osu.edu