Re: winter green: More!

  • Subject: Re: [cg] winter green: More!
  • From: SoleilPaz@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:07:04 EST

Just back from vacation and reporting that we also received a lovely grant
check from Tom's of Maine for our Elk Grove Community Garden project here in
the  southern 'burbs of Sacramento, CA.

Quick update: In 5 years we have raised $15K for fencing our goofy-shaped
property, changed sponsoring entities on our project a couple times,  bought
_#$&^%*@$_ (mailto:#$&^*@$)   fence, got  a lease signed, then the rains
came! So, now, we're building in April 05. Mud  permitting!

Will follow this report up with more details of a city run garden. Right  now
our city is busy usurping our parks department, it's a rather messy and ugly
political affair. I desperately hope to not be caught in the middle. We just
wanna play in the dirt.

Soleil Tranquilli
9012 Meadowsweet Way
Elk Grove, CA 95624
(916)  685-8010 fax 685-7426
_SoleilPaz@aol.com_ (mailto:SoleilPaz@aol.com)

Elk Grove Community Garden

Nurturing community ~ Empowering people ~ Growing  good food

bIn our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our  decisions
on the next seven generations.b --Great Law of the Iroquois  Confederacy