RE: Starting Community Garden

Candy:

1) Please read the archives at:
wealth of  information on the hills and valleys of community gardening in
the US and beyond. Well worth the read.

2) Here is the link for the community garden that I work in in NYC
http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org .

3) Please remember that community gardening is COMMUNITY gardening. Without
genuine local support and active local participation by the broadest group
in your area, community gardening can be a truly daunting project. Community
gardening is 50% gardening and 100% political. Earn support from your
neighbors, local religious leaders, the municipality, your electeds.

4) Outside of Key Lime pie, Papa Hemingway, Tenessee Williams, conch
chowder, hurricaines and a brief visit years ago, I know nothing about Key
West at all, and less about community gardening on your island. Hopefully
someone on this listserve knows.
Good luck, tell us how this turns out.

Adam