RE: Budgets for Community Gardens/ Answering the question you asked

Erin:

All the stuff I sent you before is useful, but for the nuts and bolts
answers you should look at the spaces you plan to garden in and get an idea
of the area that your basic garden will occupy. Talk to someone from your
public safety/parks dept. and try to get their ideas on how much fencing, a
basic equipped tool shed, piped water and soil amendments would cost. It is
quite likely that they may be able to supply you with inexpensive compost
and free technical aid. From the web addresses I gave you earlier, you may
find community gardens in your area that can give you some pointers in you
calculations, but again, people who will actually garden and do the real
work of maintaining and loving the garden are key.

Please let us know how it all works out for you,

Adam