RE: Starting a Non-Profit

Katherine:

1. Marry someone rich ,win the Lotto yourself , cash in your Internet stock
options or get a group of financial angels who will provide your nacent
organization with seed money. Unless you're a trust fund baby, apply for
grants ( the CCG got it's cast iron gate from the now defunct  Astor
Foundation.) Fundraise, Fundraise, Fundraise!

2. Organize yourself a board, lay out your organizational principles, figure
our your mission statement,  and, most importantly,  become a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit corporation under federal and local laws.

3. Decide what your program(s) will cost and create a budget.

4. Check out how you're doing with number 1. Start T-shirt and cake sales.

Take 2 aspirins and call your doctor in the morning.

Good Luck!

Adam