RE: Starting a Non-Profit

You might take a look at "Starting and Running a
Nonprofit Organization" by Joan M. Hummel. I can't
recommend it personally, but it rated well on AMazon.
Find a lawyer who is sympathetic to non-profits,
you'll likely need one eventually to review
incorporation papers. You might think too about
finding another non-profit in the area that you could
partner with and use their incorporation. Basically,
it probably comes down to what you want/need to get
out of it. It's a bit of a hassle/work, but a
neccesity if you are planning on writing many grants.

Might also try:
The Complete Guide to Nonprofit
Corporations/Step-By-Step Guidelines, Procedures and
Forms to Maintain a Nonprofit Corporation; Ted
Nicholas

A Legal Guide to Starting and Managing a Nonprofit
Organization, 2nd Edition; Bruce R. Hopkins

How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation (How to Form Your
Own Nonprofit Corporation, 4th Ed); Anthony Mancuso

Hope this helps,
Kevin