RE: Small fundraising projects for community gardens

Urban garden ideas:
We have an annual  food festival near us where we sell the bulk of our
T-shirts, coffee mugs, baseball hats, cook books and other promotional stuff
( Logo" "Gardener from Hell's Kitchen"). We sell this stuff year round in
dribs and drabs too. Every little bit counts. We make a profit, but it costs
us money to make money. Cocktail parties, international pot lucks and
passing around the hat at garden sponsored concerts is another thing we do (
yes, the t-shirts etc. are for sale there too.)

Some folks even like to get married in our garden. Seeing that it's cheaper
than any other public venue with flowers, birds and bees we make a few bucks
there too. The selling point is that we don't collect fees but suggest that
folks make a 100% tax deductable contribution to the Garden. ( We're a
501(c) (3) corporation). Tax decuctablity is always a big plus.
 The agricultural product we sell ( and give away to funders and politicos)
is honey from our beehive ( we got 75 lbs. last year) . Some gardens with
more space might consider this as another fundraising medium.