Re:Having died and gone to heaven...

  • Subject: [cg] Re:Having died and gone to heaven...
  • From: "lisa vandyke" <vandykelisa@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 08:38:40 -0500

Hi there, sorry to poke my nose into this, but if your garden accepts the
city's offer, will the mayor and city council plant the seeds, too? Seems
they will take over responsibility for everything, rather than letting you
amatuers try your hand at anything. Just so that the showcase-garden gets it
right!, Right? I don't mean to be suspicious, but I'm suspicious. I have
found that if you don't bust your butt for something, it won't mean
anything. Takes the community of of community gardening. The garden they are
proposing sounds like a prison. How 'bout your folks get money from the city
to buy land then do the rest yourself? If they can afford lighting, parking,
landscaping and fencing; a matching grant seems doable. Then you, the
gardeners (remember them?) can remake your garden as you see fit.
Best of luck on your decision, I hope all ends up well,
Lisa in Mpls.