RE: FW: starting a community garden

  • Subject: RE: [cg] FW: starting a community garden
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:59:28 -0400

Bless you Laura,

Please let us know what part of the country you're in so we can give you
local leads. Before you do anything else, please go to the American
Community Gardening Association website:

http://www.communitygarden.org

Click and read everything - this site is filled with the accumulated wisdom
of community gardeners from around the country, chock-a-block with tips on
how to set up, lay out, self-govern and fund raise for your community
garden. The American Community Gardening Association ("ACGA") is community
gardening's national voice and is as close to you as your computer keyboard
through the  ACGA's master gardeners listserve. You can subscribe using this
link:

For kicks, this is the site of the Clinton Community Garden in NYC, where I
volunteer:

http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org

Reading through the ACGA site will give you a sense of the fine work this
group does and several good reasons to join ( it's $25.00 a year - dinner
out for two at a Chinese restaurant). There are also some very positive
karmic benefits that most of us accrue from joining the ACGA which will
become evident ( I play the Lotto every week.)

Great luck with your garden, please let us know how it works out for you.

Adam Honigman