garden design question, community garden game

  • Subject: [cg] garden design question, community garden game
  • From: "Shelly Collins" <tgrows@toledogarden.org>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:11:47 -0400

Hi Jen & all,
The Community Garden Game developed by my associate Patrice Powers-Barker from OSU Extension, is a lot of fun and can help introduce participants to the joys & challenges of community gardening, as well as serve as a brainstorming session for garden design.  We introduced the game at last years ACGA conference and use it annually with new gardens at our garden development workshop.  It is available here:  http://lucas.osu.edu/hort/cggame.htm
Purpose/Objective:  To give participants the opportunity to work together to problem solve issues related to community gardening.  Setting:  Table large enough for 6-12 participants to gather and work around.
Highly recommended!!
We are stardust  .  .  . we are golden  .  .  . and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden.
Shelly Collins
Toledo GROWs Manager
Toledo Botanical Garden
5403 Elmer Drive