Stealing from gardens...

  • Subject: [cg] Stealing from gardens...
  • From: Sandy Mehling <slm64@cornell.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:49:06 -0400

Temptation seems to be succumbed to all over..
 We planted flowers in our yard, along the street, in the yard of the firehouse next door.
Two teenage girls from a couple blocks away yanked the ones they liked right out..roots and all.  They broke off the blooms, tossed the roots in the street.  When questioned why they stole flowers by an older gentleman, he was told to mind his business or they'd be back to cause more damage.

I want to go to the house they live in and talk to them.  Any suggestions for how to approach the family?

Sandy Mehling
Gleaning Coordinator
Cornell Coop. Ext.
1 Ashley Ave