San Francisco League of Urban Gardeners

  • Subject: [cg] San Francisco League of Urban Gardeners
  • From: Laura Lawson <ljlawson@uiuc.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:55:35 -0500

Does anyone have information on events that have resulted in SLUG's downturn? I used to be in touch with SLUG staff and others but left the Bay Area a few years ago. I am including some information on SLUG in a book that is about to come out, but am dismayed to learn that SLUG has been reduced to a 0 staff organization that is no longer maintaining the community gardens in San Francisco. I've heard rumors and I've looked at some old newspaper clippings, but anyone who has lived through the crisis would be very helpful to talk to.

Thank you,

Laura

Laura Lawson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor