RE: Tobacco - Container Gardening

> Pennsylvania, as you probably know, has a rather extensive
> tobacco industry
> which produces Italian style, dry,   dark cigars, of which the Di Nobili
> brand is the best known. I recall that this cigar was produced in the
> Scranton area.
> This sort of dark, strong cigar is a favorite among NYC homicide
> detectives
> because it is cheap, can be kept in your jacket pocket for months
> without it
> going stale, and most importantly: when you have to spend time in an area
> with a  corpse, its' aroma covers up some of the cookie losing stench.

Fellow community gardeners: Note what gardening in NYC does to your brain,
as exemplified by Adam's preceding prose.

> Tobacco is a lovely plant with a distinctive leaf structure.
> Please be sure
> that if you are growing it on your roof, the neighbors do not confuse it
> with another plant that people chop up, roll and smoke. This could
> precipitate a visit from officialdom. As Philadelphia is a city which has
> been known to engage in Urban renewal by Air Strike ( re: MOVE)
> this may be
> a matter for concern to you.

Fellow community gardeners: Here in Philly we counter these air strikes by
gathering free manure from local stables and launching it at our attackers
from low-tech, high power catapults made from abandoned car parts (seat
springs, chasis, wheels, etc.) The Mayor's attempt to remove these abandoned
cars is NOT to make good by reducing blight, but to take away our defense
resources. Anyway, covering the windshield's of attacking air craft causes
them to crash. City Hall Assassin Squad (CHASS) corpses are promptly
composted in plots and the following season tobacco is grown, then sold to
NYC detectives. Ah, the cycles of nature.

Pour se garder sain d'esprit, il faut deconner de temps en temps.