RE: Tobacco - Container Gardening

Jonathan:

This site seems to be what you're looking for, the A.N Daly Tobacco site.
Unlike the usualy agricultural sites this seems to have  hobbyist, home
gardener orientation:

http://www.seedman.com/an/andaly.html

Pennsylvania, as you probably know, has a rather extensive tobacco industry
which produces Italian style, dry,   dark cigars, of which the Di Nobili
brand is the best known. I recall that this cigar was produced in the
Scranton area.

This sort of dark, strong cigar is a favorite among NYC homicide detectives
because it is cheap, can be kept in your jacket pocket for months without it
going stale, and most importantly: when you have to spend time in an area
with a  corpse, its' aroma covers up some of the cookie losing stench.

You may make inquiries of the Pennsylvania dept of agriculture (
www.pda.state.pa.us/ )

Tobacco is a lovely plant with a distinctive leaf structure. Please be sure
that if you are growing it on your roof, the neighbors do not confuse it
with another plant that people chop up, roll and smoke. This could
precipitate a visit from officialdom. As Philadelphia is a city which has
been known to engage in Urban renewal by Air Strike ( re: MOVE) this may be
a matter for concern to you.

Happy gardening,

Adam