RE: Tobacco - Container Gardening/An Irrelevant Historical Tangent/Moss Transplantation Question

It is Monday after all, and I figure that some of you may have thought that
I have finally lost it after all of that composting in Mid-town Manhattan.
For those of you who did not recognize the reference to MOVE ( only the
elderly would , I'm afraid ) in my Tobacco epistle let me give it to you
MOVE is a Pennsylvania radical group that experienced an un-lovely police
assault on May 13, 1985 which included a bomb dropping helicopter. This
bombing caused the affected building to burn as well as a portion of the low
income area in which the MOVE headquarters was located. This practice is
sometimes referred to as "Urban Renewal by Air-Strike." I do not know if
community gardens were later built on this site.

I've included a link for those who wish to read a left-slanted version of
these events

Now For the ACGA listserve relevant question:

I like mossy rocks as a gardening effect. We get plenty of velvet textured
moss between our bricks which I have tried to transplant to rocks in our
rear Shade/Rock Garden and to the rock border of one of our decorative
flower beds. The Moss has only worked out once for me. I know that painting
the rocks with buttermilk can promote moss growth along with urea ( as we
are a NYC park, another traditional method of of urea distribution is
strictly prohibited.) Do the master gardeners of this listserve have any