Help re: forming a 501(c)(3) organization?

Law students may be another source of help.  About 20 law schools around the
country have clinics in which students represent community groups.  In your
area, American University has a Community and Economic Development Clinic, and
Georgetown has the Harrison Institute.  (George Washington has a Small
Business Clinic which would probably not be relevant here unless there are
harvest sales.)

Sometimes students take a little more time to complete legal work, but in my
years of working with them, I think students really can be affected long term
by involvement with garden groups.  If your organization wants to have that
kind of impact, it may want to see student assistance.

Jane Schukoske, Associate Professor at University of Baltimroe
(presently on leave at the U.S. Educational Foundationin India)