community gardens!

My name is Stacy McCormack and I am an Environmental Policy grad student at
NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology).  I have been searching all over
the web for people doing research on community gardens or other urban
environmental studies.  I found your name on some sites where there had
been some correspondence about community gardens and some article exchanges
(?) Anyway, I felt compelled to contact you to ask if you knew of any PH.D
programs that were doing any work with the study of community gardens and
their relationship to (i.e..) community development.
I have been active with the community gardens on the Lower East Side of
Manhattan and I am trying to find some programs that are in that area but
the only one that I have found is the New School for Social Research.
Do you have any advice as to where else I should look or who else I should