RE: Boulevard Community Garden Factoids.

Adam, this sounds like a challenge.

Boulevard Community Garden slightly embellished factoids:

1.  The garden is on the site of an apartment building that burned down,
fell over and sank into the swamp.

2.  Garbage and debris from all over town was hauled in to make brick and
re-crete raised beds.  Also, dead trees were embedded vertically to create a
dead forest to prevent cars from driving through.  Also, dirt from the
basement of a local shelter was added for topographic interest.

3.  We started with just six beds, expanded to thirteen, scratched three of
them and ended up with ten.  One has a pear tree in it.

4.  Well, we're waiting for another building to burn down so we can expand.
So far, no luck.

5.  Funds are raised by local drug pushers selling "rocks" and "crystal" in
the garden.  The garden has yet to realize a profit from these
enterpreneurial endeavors, although we do occasional find donations of
cam-corders and wallets and back-packs just laying there.

6.  On February 14th, 2000 we talked MARTA into putting a trash can at the

7.  Boulevard Community Garden is wide open, 24-7.  Usually, the drunks and
prostitutes leave when the gardeners show up.  I think they feel guilty for
dumping all those bottles and cans around.

8.  The garden club occasionally meets to have dinner or a lame-o party.

9.  Almost everything edible gets eaten by local bandits.

10.  "Mad Dog" path is used by local winos for self medication.

11.  "Mad Dog" path is composed of bottles that once contained five major
brands of spirits.

12.  "Mad Dog" path has hidden treasure.  When we find unopened beer and
wine bottles we bury them beneath the path.  Sort of like a time capsule.
When some archeologist comes along to dig up the garden in a couple hundred
years, we don't want her to get too parched.

Atlanta, GA  30318