RE: how to grow quinoa

  • Subject: RE: [cg] how to grow quinoa
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:32:42 -0400

Stella,

No personal experience in growing quinoa in NYC. Somehow I think that high arid areas of the Andes and now areas of Colorado in the US Rockies seem to favor its' cultivation. Perhaps you have a microclimate in the Canaries where you can grow Quinoa ( after all, there is a rain forest in Canada!)

Here is a general piece on Quinoa:

This link from Perdue University may potentially help you answer your question:

Good luck.

Adam Honigman