Call for Community Garden Photos from Abi-Nader

  • Subject: [cg] Call for Community Garden Photos from Abi-Nader
  • From: "Anna Wasescha" <ariel@tc.umn.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:05:55 -0500

Hello Community Garden Friends,

The American Community Gardening Association's From the Roots Up program is
rounding the corner to the final version of the Growing Communities
Curriculum. This curriculum will be printed in July and will synthesize the
information gleaned from the past five years of FTRU mentorships, workshops
and trainings.  The document has been evaluated by 10 community groups and
over 30 individuals across the country.  It will be loaded with useful
information on Community Organizing, Leadership Development, Board
Development, Fundraising, Coalition Building and on and on.

The writing team would like to include some photos of community garden
groups from around the country and are requesting your support in gathering
some images from your communities that demonstrate community building and
gardening in action!

If you would like to share photo images of your organization -please email
them to me as soon as possible at ftruacga@bellsouth.net.  If you have
prints that you'd like to mail to me for scanning - I am at:

Jeanie Abi-Nader
71614 St. Mary Street
Abita Springs, LA 70420

Or call me for clarification at 985-892-7501.

We appreciate your image and look forward to sharing the finished Growing
Communities Curriculum with you soon!

--Jeanette Abi-Nader
From the Roots Up Program Coordinator