Asian gardens

Title: Asian gardens

Hi,

We have a garden coordinator in our office who has been working in the field for a dozen years.  His name is Yao Fou Chao, his email is

yao-fou.chao@metrokc.gov.  Also, the Seattle P-Patch office is at 206-684-0264.  Martha Goodlett and Rich Mc Donald would be who you would want to start talking with.  We have a significant Asian population, several community gardens are primarily Asian immigrant gardeners.

Sally Anne
WSU Coop Ext
Seattle WA

To: cybergardens@treebranch.com
Subject: [cg] Fwd: asian gardens in the US
Hi Judy Tiger,
My name is Richard Owens, I am a grad student in
anthropology. I am beginning to research Asian garden
in the US by immigrants and refugees. I will look into
what, how, why they are growing gardens and the
changes they have made to do so.
I am looking for literature and personal experience
with community gardening in the US and or any
information that might be helpful in garden practices
that are not traditionally American.
That is sort of a lot of information, I am interested
in any ideas you may have. Thank you for your time.

=====
Richard Owens
Anthropology Graduate Student
University of Nebraska-Lincoln