Re: Annual ACGA "FOCG" Award

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Annual ACGA "FOCG" Award
  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower@snip.net>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 00:42:56 -0400

Hi, Folks!

Adam (who else! ;-D) wrote:

>Everybody  likes to get awards to add to their CVs. Politicians love to have
>fancy named prizes to put on campaign literature - in a green debate ( who
>is "greener" than an opponent) winning the 2001 American Community Gardening
>Association "Friend of Community Gardening" Award ( "FOCG") with a fancy
>citation suitable for framing would be - pace Martha Stewart - a very "good

I say we make Adam chair of the initiative and let him run with it.
Personally, I'd ask the local microbrewery for libation donations (I'm
becoming so "known" for hitting up local businesses for donations that the
local "Communities That Care" board just made *me* their Fund-Raising Chair!
;-)) just to see Adam consume adult beverages and say "FOCG" every 8 minutes
or so for the duration of a 2 hour meeting.  I'm sure there would be other
benefits (that "karma" Adam keeps claiming comes with your ACGA membership)
so why not go for it?

Just IMHO, of course. . .

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of