Re: Requesting Info on Ethnic Gardening

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Requesting Info on Ethnic Gardening
  • From: Daniel Winterbottom <nina@u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:50:31 -0700 (PDT)

I myself spent some time about three years 1994-1997 stduing casitas
(Puerto Rican gardens in NYCand do have a paper I've written on them.
It was published in the EDRA proceedings 1998. There are a few other
papers I've found on on Vietnamese gardens and one on Mong gardens in New
Orleans. Richard Westmacot has also written a book on Afro American
gardens though the name escapes me.  Thats what I've found and while its a
fascinating subject much more needs to be done in this area.  Let me know
if there's any way I can help.

Daniel

Associate Professor
Daniel Winterbottom Department of Landscape Architecture
University of Washington
Box 355734
Seattle, WA 98195-5734
Phone 206 616 1876