FW: Late breaking news about the conference in NYC!

  • Subject: [cg] FW: Late breaking news about the conference in NYC!
  • From: "Kirby, Ellen" <ellenkirby@bbg.org>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:46:12 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirby, Ellen
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 6:43 PM
To: 'community_garden@mallorn.com'
Cc: Tom Tyler (ttyler@vt.edu); Amanda Edmonds (aedmonds@umich.edu); Anna
Wasescha (ariel@tc.umn.edu); Betsy Johnson (betsyjohnson@mindspring.com);
Bobby Wilson (uge1121e@uga.cc.uga.edu); Chester Phyffer (cphy1444@aol.com);
Daniel Winterbottom (nina@u.washington.edu); Don Lambert; Doron Comerchero
(doron@greenthumbnyc.org); Edie Stone (stoneEdie@aol.com); Ellen Kirby
(kirbyplant@aol.com); Emily Macnair (eamacnair@hotmail.com); Gerard Lordahl
(gldesigns25@hotmail.com); Heidi Hickman (hhickman@garfieldpark.org); Janet
Carter (jcarter@pennhort.org); Keisha Morgan (kmorgan@city.toronto.on.ca);
Ellen Kirby (Kirby, Ellen); Laura Berman (laura@foodshare.net); Marti
Bjornson (m-bjornson@nwu.edu); S. McCabe (sallymcc@liberty.net); Sally
McCabe (smccabe@pennhort.org); Sally-Anne Sadler (Sadler, Sally-Anne);
Solomon Boye (sboye@city.toronto.on.ca); Tessa Huxley
(thuxley@bpcparks.org); Thomas Henderson (tchenderson@aol.com); Thomas Kerr;
Tom Tyler (plantdoc59@aol.com); Gary Goosman
(ggoosman@freestorefoodbank.org); Felipe Comacho (txephil@aol.com)
Subject: Late breaking news about the conference in NYC!

Hi everyone,

I have some good news from the NYC committee about our upcoming ACGA
conference in NY.

Participation is really great with nearly 200 participants already
registered, and, fortunately there is still more room at Columbia University
if anyone needs it. The committee agreed to extend the deadline for
registering at Columbia as long as there is room up until July 20.
Hopefully this will be helpful for those of you who still wish to come and
to stay at Columbia, the base site for the event. Details about the
conference and registration forms are available at our web site
www.communitygarden.org.  Thanks to Laura Berman in Toronto for the terrific
web site with all the information about the conference.

I also just learned today that there is a tentative date for a rally to
support community gardens in NYC at 12 noon on Thursday, July 25 at City
Hall.  This will be a great opportunity for conference participants who
arrive on Thursday to support efforts to protect and preserve New York's
gardens and to meet other gardeners.  Your presence from around the world
will be a tremendous support for New York communities. As more details
evolve on this, I will let you know.

So...hope to see you here in NY.  If you have any questions about the
conference, email me and I will do what I can to get an answer.

Best,

Ellen Kirby, President, ACGA

My contact point is:
Brooklyn GreenBridge