Save the Garden - The Value of ACGA Membership & the ACGA Listserve

  • Subject: [cg] Save the Garden - The Value of ACGA Membership & the ACGA Listserve
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:40:45 -0400

What you received from me was an example of how the American Community Gardening Association's(ACGA) listserve works - the Internet allows whomever is online at a given time to respond as if trading planting tips over the back garden fence.
Most of the folks on the ACGA listserve are master gardeners, agriculture agents, commuity garden program directors and rank-and-filers like myself.
The ACGA has an annual convention ( next month at NYC's Columbia University) and maintains a marvelous website, filled with the best of what appears on the listserve and other sources, a wealth of community gardening, food security, neighborhood greening and other information - http://www.communitygarden.org .
What the organizaton needs now are more dues paying members. After perousing our site, please visit, our membership page;
Best wishes,
Adam Honigman