America's Most Beautiful Herb Garden!

  • Subject: [cg] America's Most Beautiful Herb Garden!
  • From: Roberta Hayes roberta@jovi.net
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 22:51:51 -0400

 Greetings everyone,
Hello from someone on the community gardening list.
I just received this info on a contest for "America's Most Beautiful Herb Garden".
I thought people would be interested.  Have fun gardening!
: )  roberta@ableweb.com

> Hi, All--
>
> Do you have or know of a beautiful herb garden?  Here's an opportunity to
> get it featured on The Victory Garden!
>
> For more information, contact them directly.
>
> >The Victory Garden just kicked off a brand-new contest to find
America's Most Beautiful Herb Garden! Encourage your readers to submit -- the two
> >lucky finalists will appear on the program and share their winning
gardens
> >with our national audience!
> >
> >  We're looking from the city to the suburbs, so whether the herb garden
> > is indoors or out, potted on a patio or planted in a patch, we want
> > everyone to get out their cameras and share their garden with The
Victory
> > Garden!
> >
> >  The deadline for submissions is Friday, July 25, 2003. Visit
> > pbs.org/victorygarden for more information on contest rules, prizes and
> > how to enter. The Victory Garden airs on PBS Saturdays at 12:30 PM
(check
> > local listings).
> >
> >  An impressive panel of judges are on hand to help select the six
> > finalists and two winners, including:
> >  -Dr. James Duke, noted herbalist
> >  -Holly Shimizu, executive director of the U.S. Botanic Garden
> >  -Judson C. Hale, senior editor-in-chief of Yankee Magazine & The Old
> > Farmer's Almanac
> >  -Ming Tsai, celebrated chef
> >  -Dr. Ann Marie VanDerZanden, Oregon State University horticulturist and
> > garden writer
> >  -Kip Anderson, gardener at The Victory Garden.
> >  The judges will be evaluating each submission for creative use of
space,
> > selection of materials, and success in overcoming challenging
conditions.

> >  I hope you're able to share this exciting contest with your own
> > audience. Please contact us for additional information, interviews or
> > photography.
> >
> >  Happy Gardening!
> >
> >  Dustin Smith
> >  617.300.5337
> >dustin_smith@wgbh.org
> >
> >  Rebecca Singer
> >  617.300.5305
> >rebecca_singer@wgbh.org
> >
> >  Media: please visit wgbh.org/pressroom for additional resources.
>
> Ciao for now.
>
> Yvonne Savio
> Common Ground Garden Program Manager
> University of California Cooperative Extension in Los Angeles County
> 2 Coral Circle, Monterey Park, CA 91755
> Phone: 323-838-4532
> Fax: 323-838-7408
> Email: ydsavio@ucdavis.edu
> Website: celosangeles.ucdavis.edu (click on "Common Ground Garden
Program")

> Master Gardener Email Gardening Helpline:  mastergardenqs@hotmail.com
> Master Gardener Phone Gardening Helpline:  323-838-4541
>
> Volunteers of the Common Ground Garden Program help low-income and
> limited-resource county residents to grow and eat more nutritious
> vegetables and fruits.  Programs include Master Gardeners (seasonal
> gardening presentations), Fresh From The Garden (simple nutrition, recipe
> and food safety presentations), Gardening Angels (school garden
> consultants), and Community Gardens.

I just received this from:
        "Gail Kiley Sanders" <GKSanders@masshort.org>

From:  "Judy Frankel" <jfrankel01@rcn.com>