Re: a bit of "composting" advice please

  • Subject: Re: [cg] a bit of "composting" advice please
  • From: "Deborah Mills" deborah@greencure.org
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:31:16 -0700

The best thing to do Judy is to dig the food scraps into the ground in an
area where you plan to plant in a month or so. To put it simply, let the
decomposition process take place so it doesn't compete with plant growth.

I have placed coffee grounds (no filters) around plants and have found that
it can be beneficial "as is". But if you add the filter (carbon) the
nitrogen shall be "locked up" sort-of-speak with the decomposers.

Hope this helps.

Deborah